In our quest to explore all things deliciously Glühwein, our food specialist has come up with yet another amazing dish using Original Glühwein!
Glühwein meringue tart! This dessert is a perfect marriage of typical Glühwein flavours and flavour pairings. Chocolate, cinnamon, orange and of course Glühwein. Every mouth-full takes your taste buds on a journey of wonderment. A true mouthgasm!
See recipe below:
- 230g Good quality chocolate biscuits
- 125g Margerine, melted
- 1tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1TBS Orange zest
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 Can condensed milk
- 90ml Glühwein
- 30ml Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 5 Egg Whites
- 2 Cups Glühwein
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Blitz the chocolate biscuits up in the food processor until you have chocolate biscuit crumbs.
- Add orange zest, cinnamon and margerine and pulse in the food processor until you get a soft ball.
- Press evenly into a greased tart pan and set aside.
- Mix egg yolks, condensed milk, orange juice and 90ml Glühwein in a bowl, pour into your base and bake at 150'C for 50min until set.
- Allow to cool while you prepare your meringue.
- Mix 2 cups of Glühwein with 1 cup of sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to the boil. Once it starts to boil, turn it down and simmer for about an hour until you have a syrup. (Test by putting a drop on a cold surface like a plate or glass board, leave it for 20-30 secons and touch it. It should feel like syrup).
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
- Slowly pour your Glühwein syrup into your egg whites while still mixing. Beat this mixture until it cools down to room temperature. (This is important otherwise your meringue will "sweat" and syrup will seep out of it drenching your tart).
- Pipe the meringue onto your tart and finish off with a blow torch.
Serve with a cup of Original Glühwein and enjoy!
Credit: Jamie Agenbag