We’re sure it’s hard to get tired of our Glühwein, but if you are looking for something to change things up, we suggest trying out our wonderful Glühwein cupcake recipe. They're easy to make and even easier to eat.
If you make a batch, send us a photo and let us know how they came out. Happy baking.
200ml Original Iced Glühwein
100g dark chocolate
A pinch of salt
250g all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon cocoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon
226 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Directions for the cupcakes:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190° and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. Chop the chocolate up then melt it in the microwave, or by using a double boiler until smooth. Let cool briefly.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and salt with an electric mixer until they reach a creamy consistency.
4. With the electric mixer on medium speed, add the eggs one by one. Once they have been fully incorporated add the chocolate mixture, beat until well combined.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa and cinnamon (sifted), then slowly add the 200ml Original Iced Glühwein to the batter. Mix until combined.
6. Divide the mixture into the cupcake cases, filling them to just under 3/4 of the way. Bake for ±20 minutes or until well risen and springy to the touch.
7. Allow the cupcakes to cool before you ice them.
Directions for the icing:
1. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. If necessary, slightly chill the frosting to stiffen it before using.
3. You can a couple of drops of red food colouring to the icing, to give it a bit of a Glühwein feel.